When you dream of mountain cabins, do you picture a rustic little log cabin with a wood burning stove? Or are you thinking of a more upscale place with down comforters and all the comforts of home? When you visit the Gunnison or Crested Butte areas of Colorado, you will find a variety of cabin styles with prices to match. It can be difficult for a cabin resort to please every guest because each person has a different idea of what a mountain cabin should be.
Therefore as you begin your search for the dream cabin vacation, you may want to ask yourself exactly what you expect from cabin lodging.
- Basic comforts such as a bathroom, heat, linens and kitchenware?
- A cabin with a full kitchen where you can cook some meals?
- Would you like to have an outdoor area at your cabin for meals at a picnic table or sit around a fire ring at night?
- Hotel style amenities like shampoo, hair dryers, and coffee supplied?
- Something more rustic/basic, maybe a notch above camping or are you looking for more of a refined experience with home-like amenities?
- If the cabin you seek is part of a resort, what else are you hoping for from that facility? Restaurant? Store? Activities? Access to trails? Location?
Mountain Cabins for rent at Three Rivers Resort in Gunnison-Crested Butte
For a wide variety of cabin types in the Gunnison or Crested Butte area, look no further. Three Rivers Resort offers a choice of 16 different styles of lodging among 62 total units. While all of our mountain cabins are clean with a nice cabin feel, they vary in the amenities. You may choose a rustic studio cabin which offers a kitchen and beds in one room, or you might prefer a cabin on the Taylor River with separate bedrooms and a private hot tub on the deck.
Most noteworthy, all of the cabins have full kitchens for cooking as well as charcoal or gas grills. Some have their own fire rings and outdoor seating. Furthermore, our nicer cabins have satellite TV, while others offer basic antenna. A limited number of cabins have access to a community hot tub or private hot tubs with the unit.
The resort, itself, offers many amenities from a summertime restaurant to outfitting services (rafting and fishing), rentals, a retail shop. If you can’t decide what to do next visit our concierge desk. In conclusion, many cabins book a year in advance so call early! www.3riversresort.com