Willowfly Anglers at Three Rivers Resort will be offering a professional fly fishing guide school from May 17th – 21st, 2021. Course size will be limited to 12 participants to ensure the highest quality experience possible. Classes will run from 8 am to 5 pm each day. Instruction includes classroom time and “on the water” instruction on local waters.
Why choose Willowfly Anglers Fly Fishing Guide School?
We offer a variety of local water not often found in one location: Tailwater, Freestone, Small Creeks and Stillwater (on-site pond and 2 large local reservoirs).Willowfly Anglers is an Orvis-Endorsed Outfitter and has thrived for over 35 years with some of the best guides in the industry. Our guides have over 100 years of combined guiding and instructional experience.
- Equipment is included in the cost.
- Private water on the Taylor River, Gunnison River, East River, and Cebolla Creek.
- Thorough curriculum including: Instruction from an FFF Master Casting Instructor, entomology with an aquatic entomologist, ethics, wading, guide professionalism and client management.
- On site lodging included!
- Small class size to ensure high quality experience.
- Large network of outfitters for employment referrals.
- Great local fishing pre-runoff during May.
- Discount offered for the raft guide course (which will fulfill the minimum qualifications for float guiding in Colorado) if registered for both.
- The best value of any guide school!
Tuition for the 2021 school is $1460.00 per student and includes 6 nights of lodging, class materials, the use of waders, boots, rods and reels, and a diploma upon completion. Not included are a Colorado fishing license, leaders, tippet, flies, and meals. The lodging included consists of a hotel-style lodge room at Three Rivers Resort, where the guide school will be based. The room is spacious and includes a queen size bed, fold-out futon, private bathroom and kitchenette (refrigerator, kitchen sink/counter area, small table, toaster oven, microwave and coffee maker).
If enrolling in both the Fishing Guide School and the Raft Guide Training course, overall tuition may be reduced by $100.
Completion does not guarantee employment. As an Orvis-Endorsed outfitter, we have a large network of outfitters to which we can refer graduates for possible employment opportunities.
Registration closes May 10th, 2021.
Required for participation: Have a valid Colorado fishing license and be at least 18 years of age.